NOTICE: KEY FOB AND KEY CODE ACCESS DEACTIVATION ON AUGUST 6, 2018
Due to the number of outstanding key fobs, we feel the need to perform an inventory of the outstanding fobs to properly identify the current fob holder and to verify that said fob holder still requires the need for a key fob as well as to determine their need to access the areas previously granted. If you have a key fob and would like to continue such use, please complete a Fob Application by 4:00pm on August 6, 2018. All key fobs not accounted for will be deactivated beginning 5:00pm on August 6, 2018.
All church key codes will also be deactivated on August 6, 2018 at 5:00pm. Access to FBC after this date will require a key fob or temporary access code. You may request a key fob or temporary access code by completing a Fob Application or Temporary Access Request Form and submit to the Church Administrative Office by personal delivery, fax or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 18, 2018
RE: Safety Policies and Procedures
The Ministry Safe Committee (“MSC”) was tasked to review and revise the safety policies for the Church. The MSC, however, quickly discovered that the Church has little to no safety policies or procedures in place should an emergency or dangerous situation occur.
Although we are in the infancy stages of this tremendous task, the MSC members have discussed and approved the following recommendations:
- Our analysis revealed that more than 500 hundred key fobs have been previously issued and are currently active. Upon review of the list of key fob recipients, some of whom no longer attend our church, we feel the need to perform an inventory of the outstanding fobs to properly identify the current fob holder and to verify that said fob holder still requires the need for a key fob as well as to determine their need to access the areas previously granted. We plan to notify the church members in advance that this will occur and that a newly programmed key fob may be reissued upon application and approval. Applications can be obtained from either the church office or here. Applications will need to be completed and returned to the church office or submitted online here.
- Change the codes on key pads on all doors, and in the future we would change the codes on a semiannual basis. A code would be for a temporary event or time frame in a situation where they do not require a fob. Applications will be turned in at the church office or submitted here.
- Fob and code applications will be reviewed and approved at the weekly church staff meetings. Key fob access to the children’s ministry will be restricted to the children’s ministry and safety teams. Key fobs will be used by church members when a person has a long term need for entry into the church building. Once approved, Rayburn Martin or church personnel selected by the deacons will activate fobs and codes. Our team will assist Mr. Martin with the reactivation and programming of key fobs. We will also ask that all unused fobs be turned in at the church office or in a designated collection spot before/after church services.
- We would like to provide this safety and security activity to our church with no interruption in service and without inconvenience. The timeline for deletion and reactivation process is as follows:
- June 18: Deacons Meeting for approval;
- June 19: Notify current key fob holders through the FBC website, Facebook page and weekly
church bulletin. We will encourage everyone to apply early to prevent them from having access
issues on August 6th;
- June 24: Publish the notification on the Sunday overhead projectors and Sunday school
- June 25: Applications for reactivated fobs and new door codes will be available at the church
office and on the FBC website; and
- August 6: Old fobs and old door codes will be deactivated and applications previously
submitted and approved by church staff will be reactivated
The Ministry Safe Committee members have voted on and approve the above action items.
Chad C. VanOrman
Chairman, Ministry Safe Committee